Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

It is so crazy to think that five years ago today, I was running around like a crazy woman trying to get ready to get married! Getting hair done, make up on, dress transported, the luminaries put out, etc!

The lace!

The candles!

All those red poinsettias!

The snow!

The bus! (yes, there was a bus involved!)

Oh the drama that goes into a wedding!   (You'd never know, looking at the picture, that my tiara was broken and being held together with fake-fingernail glue!)  

We made it half a decade!  Yay us!
But despite the chaos, you can see in this picture that the day was perfect...and the guy is perfect (for me anyway)  He's changed my life in so many ways and made me such a better person.

I'm lucky he hasn't given up on me...

6 comments:

  1. Just what I needed to see 2 weeks before my wedding! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I thought the same thing as Liz above (not for myself but for her).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - I truly believe any number of years married is a celebration - marriage is both hard work and fun! And the picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Whitney!
    Like the bouquet for a December wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late.... but Happy Anniversary!!!
    You look so beautiful in that picture and happy! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy, new year!!!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails