Friday, May 4, 2012

Be Our Guest

After working on the hallway, I hit a wall.  

It was a teal wall and I simply couldn't stand it any longer.  

I finally got started on our guest room shortly after Easter.  When we went home for the Holiday weekend, we brought back a matching bed and dresser that came from my grandparents' house and that my parents used as their guest bed for a while (after my brother used it for a while).  

Long story short, the bed and dresser set have been around a while (it was the set my uncle used as a kid) and my mom sent it back to Illinois with us.  She said she didn't have a place for it anymore, but I think she just didn't want to have to sleep on an air mattress when she and dad come over anymore.  

Either way, having the furniture there was enough of a kick in the pants to get the room painted.  



We picked a pale yellow (which turned out to be a bit more "yellow" than I originally thought, but it's growing on me... and I am not about to repaint it!)  And of course we kept the white trim going throughout the house!


There's a close-up of the pretty teal color that we worked to cover.


Here's the lovely "after!" 

I'm hoping to find some sort of coordinating patterned fabric to make some nicer curtains.


And there's still plenty of wall space that needs to be accentuated, but that'll come in good time. 

Until then, Elvis is the only art in the room!

 


Next time you're planning a trip to the middle-of-nowhere-Illinois, stop in and be our guest.

We'll leave the light on for you!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails