Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Did you feed the horse?"

Here's the scoop:

A couple nights ago, I had a dream that the Hubs and I had a horse in our barn.  The horse was cranky and Hubs had been working a long day, so I went out to feed the dumb horse before supper.

Then, being a good wife, I told him, I fed the horse.


(photo courtesy of Dengie horse feed site)


That's it.  That was where the dream ended.... but reality began.  Hubs woke me up and said, "you fed the horse?"

Yup. I didn't want you to have to worry about it.


"Thanks," he said, and he rolled over and went back to sleep.

(not a photo of me or a photo by me, from agentlelife.net)
No big deal, right?

Wrong... he hasn't let me live it down.  He has asked me now every night if I've fed the horse or if he needs to go take care of it. He asks me in the morning how the horse is.

Who knows who else he's told and laughed with about it at my expense?!

Well, I'll show him, I'll put it on the Internet... then everyone can know (and laugh at my expense).

(Gal in the Middle posted about her strange dreams, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.  Maybe this should've been a linky party?!)

My horse dream was odd, sure, but it doesn't beat the time I woke up screaming at Amy Poehler.  But that's not something I'm ready to share with the world yet.... sorry.

Sweet dreams!

5 comments:

  1. Here's the definition from the online dream dictionary...you are most welcome! :) They didn't have a specific entry on feeding horses, though!

    To see a horse in your dream, symbolizes strength, power, endurance, virility and prowess. It also represents a strong, physical energy. You need to tame the wild forces within. The dream may also be a pun that you are "horsing around". Alternatively, to see a horse in your dream, indicate that you need to be less arrogant and "get off your high horse".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we gots to know what Amy did my dear... We can always ask your hubs if you'd like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Megan is going to be our resident dream reader from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a similar story in college. My roommate woke me up from a dead sleep to ask if she could borrow my car and I said (in a really high pitched voice), "My Lumina Car?" (That's what I drove at the time.) To this day she will still make reference to "my lumina car".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure we've all done the same sort of things. My parents swear my sister & I used to talk to each other in our sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails